120,000 deaths due to Austerity - Price worth paying?

Sponsored Links
It was a picture of Jeremy at one of his hugely popular hustings, and a picture of Theresa at one of her staged photo opps, where the photographers outnumbered the supporters, and the pics were used to give a false impression of public support.

If you can find a picture of Theresa engaging with numbers of the public, and receiving enthusiastic support, please show it.

I've seen the pics of her trying, and failing.

Do you want to see some?

Sponsored Links
and yet the Daily Notch pretends not to know, and spouts untruths like this.

Corbyns general election campaign was less effective at turning votes into parliamentary seats than any since the 1950s.

he avoids this question, because he knows the answer:

Here's an easy question for you.

How much of a swing would Corbyn need to achieve to defeat the cons next time?

Hang on a minute....... have I entered a parallel universe where Labour won the last election?
I meant who won the election.

I can tell you which party lost their majority and had to buy votes from a bunch of extremists they wouldn't normally shake hands with. It was Theresa's short-term bunch. Is that what you call winning?

first rule of politics the ability to count ;) corbyn/labour did not win the general election ;)

listening to some in here , it seems that they do not know ? or fully under stand ? :LOL: I can only assume that they are quarter wits or dummies :LOL:

incidentally have u found yer dummy yet JD :LOL::LOL:

Can one of notch's buddies help him with arithmetic?

Transam? Woody? roger?

I'll give you a clue.

Total votes cast were 32,203,481

He needs an extra 791,424 votes in the unlikely event that none of the cons abstain, peg out or change sides.

Oh dear JohnD doesnt understand UK voting.

Let me explain for you, it is the number of seats won, not simply the number votes.

Since I know you will be too frightened to say, here are the answers.

In 1997, Blair achieved a 8.8% swing from the Conservatives to Labour. He won 43.2% of the votes (13,518,167).
(from 34.3%, 11,560,484, in the 1992 election)

In 2017, Corbyn achieved a 9.6% swing. He won 40% of the votes (12,878,460).
(from 30.4%, 9,347,273 in the 2015 election)

So you were talking nonsense (as usual)

The cons won 42.4 of the votes (13,669,883) in 2017 and lost their majority.

Here's an easy question for you.

How much of a swing would Corbyn need to achieve to defeat the cons next time?

As usual JohnD tries to argue his point by proving something different.

I said labour were less effective at turning votes into parliamentary seats not swing.

Wot an idiot, JohnD must be an eighth wit :)

I think commentators, and reasonable minded people alike, realised before the last election that Labour were not going to win. It was more of a test to see just how popular the Tories were, and just how badly labour were going to lose.

In this instance Labour were the victors. Just how badly the Tories faltered can not be underestimated. The last general election was and still is catastrophic for the Tories. Looking at the way things are going today, it was a good election to lose. Brexit will be the Tory badge of shame.

I can tell you which party lost their majority and had to buy votes from a bunch of extremists they wouldn't normally shake hands with. It was Theresa's short-term bunch. Is that what you call winning?

Irrelevant. Are you telling me Corbyn woudnt have done the same?

Clutching at straws.

I think commentators, and reasonable minded people alike, realised before the last election that Labour were not going to win. I was more of a test to see just how popular the Tories were, and just how badly labour were going to lose.

In this instance Labour were the victors. Just how badly the Tories faltered can not be underestimated. The last general election was and still is catastrophic for the Tories. Looking at the way things are going today, it was a good election to lose. Brexit will be the Tory badge of shame.

Labour were the victors :D:D:D:D

You will saying it was a moral victory next........:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back