Country
United Kingdom
Which one I wonder for my infrequent power planing escapades? :whistle:

£15 for 4Ah batteries too, as opposed to £70

upload_2021-8-8_21-47-35.png

or

upload_2021-8-8_21-48-47.png

Sponsored Links
I guess handy for kitchen kickers and stuff?

Can see it being frustrating if you need it occasionally for something bigger.

For me, 12v is the future and I've just got the Bosch mini disc cutter, repro-saw and circular and they are all brilliant, light, easy to use and lovely to use with superb handling. The circular is really impressive and I thought it would struggle with some cuts, but it flies through things.

I was thinking about the planer and jigsaw, next as I know there have been several times when these smaller tools would have come in handy, but I've never needed them too often. But how Lidl can make and sell a brushless planer for £30 is mad.

I like the 12v stuff too, my little 12v 80mm disc saw is a treat to use.

It just goes to show what little changes can add up in costs. If that was a goood % GF reinforced casing it couldn't be £30!

Report back when you've used it!

Sponsored Links
Rule 1:

Good tools arent cheap, cheap tools arent good.

But how Lidl can make and sell a brushless planer for £30 is mad.
They rely on most of them being hardly ever used, and most people losing their receipts, and most people who turn up at the shop with a broken tool being fobbed off with some illegal claim about liabilty.

Li-ion doesn’t fit nicely in to 12v. I have a few makita 18v tools and a collection of packs but still use my old mains stuff a lot.

Rule 1:

Good tools arent cheap, cheap tools arent good.

Good suggestion, except when it comes to these sold at Lidl.
I have used the electric screwdrivers from them daily for the past 3 years, the warranty has just run out on one and it's still going strong.
The actual manufacturer makes another well known brand (I fogrget which) and the construction is imo better than some of the makita etc. ranges.

What happened to the hand plane @^woody^ ? Not sharp enough?
Ha! I do have a psychological problem with using my nice sharp planes on rafters and floor joists. :cautious:

I could just do with something quick and light which can always be with my other 12v tools, rather than me remembering to take my bigger cordless plane.

Most of my hand planes stay at home for bench work, although I am toying with the idea of taking my 'new' 17" wooden jack plane out on a job one day.

If you get one, make sure to get a spare battery too.

I'm going for my 3rd electric screwdriver on Thursday... having them to hand with different bits in is easier than changing bit and torque lol.

btw, are you able to figure what blades the plane takes and can you get replacements?

I've always thought that Lidl (like Aldi) have a company that supplies parts for their appliances.

Anyway, I've had an electric plane and then a cordless one for decades and not needed to change the blades for the use they get. Not lending them out helps, I think. :cautious:

I've had one or two tools from Aldi and the paperwork refers you to Scheppach for any service/warranty queries.

Good suggestion, except when it comes to these sold at Lidl.
I have used the electric screwdrivers from them daily for the past 3 years, the warranty has just run out on one and it's still going strong.
The actual manufacturer makes another well known brand (I fogrget which) and the construction is imo better than some of the makita etc. ranges.
Lidl stuff is ok for diy but I have had stuff break, and I can never find the receipt for things, and even if I could, don't know if I'd be bothered to take it back!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back