13 amp cooking appliances

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have new 13amp rated cooker, plus hob and extractor. Existing fitting is 30 amp rated on radial. I can extend ring main, but do not want plugs on show. Whats the best/easiest way to run to fused/isolating switch. Can I run appliance cables direct to fused switch(es) and connect switch to ring main?

Sponsored Links
I'm surprised that the hob uses less than 13A, I take it it has a separate connection? Might be a good idea to see if it can be permanently wired into the cooker connection, most hobs use a lot with all the rings on.

Your right, thanks...cooker and extractor are 13 amps. I think I'll get fused switches for the cooker and extractor and run a new radial circuit, leaving the existing cooker outlet (already wired) for the hob, or if anyone gets a higher output cooker later. Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back