13amp sockets on lighting circuits.

but maybe they did not perceive a large enough market to justify the effort..
I suspect this is the case. There aren't a huge number of triple sockets on the market as it is and those that there are seem to be priced more as a niche item than a volume product.

You do see "combination plates" with more than 2 13A sockets and no fuses but they seem to reuse double socket mechanisms with separate terminals for each pair of sockets.

Sponsored Links
I suspect this is the case. There aren't a huge number of triple sockets on the market as it is and those that there are seem to be priced more as a niche item than a volume product.
Indeed. Off the top of my head, I can only recall one occasion on which I actually installed one and, even in that case, I can't remember why I did - if I perceive the need for more than 2 outlets, I would normall install two 'touching' units (either two doubles or a double plus a single), side-by-side or up/down.
You do see "combination plates" with more than 2 13A sockets and no fuses but they seem to reuse double socket mechanisms with separate terminals for each pair of sockets.
I wonder if BS1363 would regard that as one 'socket' with 2N outlets or N double sockets?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back