150MM PIR on wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
new regs states 150mm insulation on walls which are external...... normally when it used to be 50mm pir, I would use a 50mm timbers and cut off pir insulation in between...
Now it is 150mm, how do we put this on the wall? Can't exactly stick them on...

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The regulations are in u-values not mm.

How thick, the type, the position and the other wall components make a difference to the insulation.

The regulations are in u-values not mm.

How thick, the type, the position and the other wall components make a difference to the insulation.

How do I work out the u value? Or do I have to seek Architect

A nice BCO will sometimes tell you, or you can get them online. But if it doesn't make sense then best speak to a professional for a specification.

Sponsored Links
If you’re talking about your solid 9” block garage wall, I don’t believe 150mm PIR is needed to meet regs. You can achieve it with less. The 150mm is more for the cavity slab full fill wool stuff.

How do I work out the u value? Or do I have to seek Architect
You could Google u-value calculation quicker than I could explain.

But the thing to do is first decide what type of wall you want to build and then that gives your insulation options. Then investigate the manufacturers of the insulation who may have calculators.

Or if type or thickness or cost or whatever is the main criteria, then you need to investigate what construction method fits the criteria.

Yes I’ve finished the build.

All 9 inch solid walls all around. Only front and right side wall are external walls, being 9 inch. Double glazing. Concrete floor, 150mm pit insulation with 50mm screed.

Yes I’ve finished the build.

All 9 inch solid walls all around. Only front and right side wall are external walls, being 9 inch. Double glazing. Concrete floor, 150mm pit insulation with 50mm screed.
Roof?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back