17th edition

Intrigued! What was your mark?

2382-20.jpg

Sponsored Links
They used to allow that and everybody had most of the answers written out inside
Ha Ha Ha, sorry but that made me giggle, isnt all the answers all ready inside the book??? you just have to find them?

That is now deemed cheating and all books must be 'clean'

October ish I believe

I was under that impression too but when I started the 2382 college course about 5 weeks ago our tutor said we can use stickies or highlighters in the book where we choose just as long as we didn't write down any calculations or answers, obviously.
I should also mention that we will be allowed to take these marked copies in to the exam with us.

That is now deemed cheating and all books must be 'clean'

October ish I believe

I was under that impression too but when I started the 2382 college course about 5 weeks ago our tutor said we can use stickies or highlighters in the book where we choose ...

I should also mention that we will be allowed to take these marked copies in to the exam with us.

The old 'clean' regs rule was rescinded in February last year when C & G recognised that BS7671 is supposed to be a working reference. (Hah! for that, you'd have to teach electricians to read. :D )

Sponsored Links
Carloss, we have faith in you.

I'm sure none of us are anything special. It's just that an exam needed passing so we studied for it. Same as you're doing really.

Had PMT the day i did mine!!!

There were alots of questions on Fairgrounds and Marinas when I did mine!!!!

Oh and I was doing the written Level 3, Practical Assessment for Level 3 the same week over 2 days!!!

Heres a couple of questions to rattle your brains!

For SELV and PELV circuits the separation of live parts from other circuits must be confirmed by..
a, inspection
b, measurement
c, calculation
d, enquiry

im sure the ans. is A cannot find a ref. in bs7671 though! 414.4?

o/c8 The rating factor for a 70 oc thermoplastic cable installed in air in an ambient temperature of 40 oc is...
a, 1.0
b, 0.91
c, 0.87
d, 0.85

being honest i dont know where to find the answear on this one. would be great if someone could help me.

carlos

a) Looking at 414.4.2, the only way you could verify compliance by either i, ii, iii ,iv or v is by inspection.

b) Table 4B1, p267

Thanks Gary... seems so obvious now you say!

Heres a couple more for you! :D

The selection of the type of wiring and method installation is not influenced by:
a, the nature of the location
b, the load current
c, the value of the prospective short circuit current

I know the answear to this... however i dont know where to reference it from!

A simple method to allow for measured values of loop impedance to be effectively compared with the tabulated maximum values is to correct these maximum values by multiplying them by:
b,0.8
c,1.2
d,1.8

again i kno the answear just dont know where to find it in the regs.

carlos

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back