18 volt hitachi cordless drill

Sponsored Links
Remove reverse thread screw from centre of chuck.
Then set on low gear, high torque.
Put large alum key inside jaws of chuck
Then hit alum key with a hammer to break it loose.
Might be advisable to secure the drill body in a vice before striking.

Any idea how to remove broken chuck.
...Put large alum key inside jaws of chuck ... Then hit alum key with a hammer to break it loose.
That's the way to remove an unbroken chuck. However, if it's broken, the OP might well have problems in securing an allen key in its jaws. In that situation, it may be necessary to attach a clamp of some sort to the chuck and then hit that with a hammer.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. The chuck jaws are broke, so cant put allen key in. Have tried with stilsons and knocking down, but no good.
Silly question (but I've made the mistake myself!!!) - I presume you're sure that you're hitting it in the right direction? If so, your only real hope is probably to leave some pentrating oil to do its work for a few hours and then try again. Any attempt to 'jamb' the works so that you can apply continuous force to the stilsons will almost certainly do irrepairable damage.

Kind Regards, John

The internal SCREW has a LH thread. You have to undo that by turning it clockwise. (You already did that, right?)

The chuck has a normal Right hand thread, So you undo and remove the chuck by turning it counterclockwise. (Like a normal screw).

Try wacking it with your lightsaber

:LOL:

Hi Taylortwocities.

Yep, did all that and its just not budging.

The light sabre would defo do irreparable damage me thinks.

And its Darth owing to the snoring, allegedly !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back