1840 Victorian Lodge Extension East Yorkshire

Your extension is actually bigger than my side extension. However I have a first floor extension at the back with quite a few steels etc that I think add a lot to the price.

I might just stick with the side extension and do the rest at a later date

Sponsored Links
Ah, I see. I thought they'd need to demolish and re-build the back part rather than build off the existing...but as you say, a lot of steels - and a lot of complex roof.

It'll be amazing when it's done, so hopefully the other quote comes in closer to what you want (y)

I was hoping for £30K on mine, I've had 2 quotes back of £69K and £50K so far for a single story with complex steel/foundations (38Sq/m across 4 rooms). Everyone is super busy at the moment I'm being told and that goes way into next year too, some builders not even quoting for work because they can't do it until September next year. If you want sub 100K you probably need to do each bit at a time like kingandy2nd has done and go trade by trade/manage it all yourself!

I had the same thoughts and convo with my wife. Break it down to individual tasks and sub out the hard stuff to trades as and when required. And just get a bare waterproof shell up using a bricky and roofer. Only trouble is, my wife is impatient haha. We’ll get there.

Sponsored Links
I had the same thoughts and convo with my wife. Break it down to individual tasks and sub out the hard stuff to trades as and when required. And just get a bare waterproof shell up using a bricky and roofer. Only trouble is, my wife is impatient haha. We’ll get there.

Wife can't have her cake and eat it sadly, that's why the saying exists :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back