18x10 Shed / Workshop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know nothing about what is good and what is not. I wanted to spend around £1200 to £1600

Can anyone recommend a good company?

Sponsored Links
You'll get a basic shed (depending upon access) for that sort of money and will have to supply the base yourself. Anything that you want to spend time in, work in, keep electrical tools in, i.e. workshop, may need a lot more spending on it.

You'll get a basic shed (depending upon access) for that sort of money and will have to supply the base yourself. Anything that you want to spend time in, work in, keep electrical tools in, i.e. workshop, may need a lot more spending on it.

You sure? Seem a lot of nice sheds around for the money I quoted. :confused:

nice shed shiplap cladding or log roll
nice sheds dont have osb/sterling board floors
make sure the walls are at least 12mm and floors 12-15mm ply or timber

Sponsored Links

You sure? Seem a lot of nice sheds around for the money I quoted. :confused:
Sorry, what I meant was you will get a nice shed but it will be a basic structure. It won't matter how fancy the shed is in terms of aesthetic design - it will still be a shed in terms of thermal efficiency, robustness etc.

a good floor is fit for purpose with enough redundancy to cope with expected conditions

whilst helping my neigbour to erect his new shed the 11mm sterling board/osb floor
started to break under my 18 stone weight
now arguably it was fit for purpose as screwing the sides on will support the edges fully spreading the load but for the sake off an extra £5 they could use ply removing that problem

So this shed

20ft x 10ft 19mm Tanalised And Pressure Treated Apex Shed
Ex Height (8ft-6ft 6inches)

Fitted with 4ft Double doors with windows placed to suit

19mm T&G Pressure Treated Tanalised Cladding
Tanalised 72mmx42mm (3x2) CLS Framework
Tanalised 72mmx42mm (3x2) CLS Floor bearers (going for 10 bearers so 1 nearly every foot)
Tanalised 72mmx42mm (3x2) CLS Roof joists
Tanalised 22mm (1 inch) thick rough sawn floor boards
Tanalised 13mm T&G CLS Roof Boards

Please note : Windows measure 24 x 18 inches

£1300

I'm confused, how can cladding be ship-lap and tongue & groove at the same time? It my be my understanding of what ship-lap is that isn't right: Tongue & groove = square edged boards that interlock, shiplap = tapered boards that overlap. How can a board both interlock and overlap at the same time?!?!

Nozzle

look at the shiplap board
the taper takes away what is the timber that would be in front tongue so instead off having a ledge between boards for water and other crud to collect you have a vertical cliff face

Sponsored Links
Back