2.5mm twin/earth red/black ebay

Sponsored Links
What about consumer units?

Supposing I buy a load of RB T&E. Then stick a brand new CU on it? That could be dated, I would have thought?

What about consumer units? Supposing I buy a load of RB T&E. Then stick a brand new CU on it? That could be dated, I would have thought?
Indeed - unless you go out of your way to buy one which was available pre-2005, and which has no date of manufacture on it. The real giveaway, of course, would be buying or configuring a CU (of whatever vintage) in '17th ed style' (which is what most people would actually have wanted to do if they replaced a CU post 2008)!

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
I thought from 2005 it had to be blue and brown?
I being the person responsible for the Design, Construction, Inspection & Testing of the electrical installation (as indicated by my signature below), particulars of which are described above, having exercised reasonable skill and care when carrying out the Design, Construction, Inspection & Testing, hereby CERTIFY that the said work for which I have been responsible is to the best of my knowledge and belief in accordance with BS 7671:2008 amended to 2011 except for the departures, if any, detailed as follows:

Also read the last paragraph of 120.3, and consider the fact that if you mix colours you create an extra hazard which requires a warning notice to be place on or near the CU, so not doing that, i.e. if you do depart from the regulations in order to carry on using old colours to alter an existing installation, it cannot possibly be regarded as a departure which contravenes 120.3.

I being the person responsible for the Design, Construction, Inspection & Testing of the electrical installation .....
Talking of colours, I would suggest that you make a note not to use that font colour again (it's far worse against the forum's light blue background than in this quote!) :)

Kind Regards, John.

It's ended up in the darker of the two alternating blues.

And it's meant to be faint - I wanted it to be barely visible

It's always a toss-up between #b0b0b0 and #c0c0c0

Should have gone to Specsavers... ;)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . It is possible. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . to use faint. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . text to get. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . other words in. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . oddly. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . spaced locations.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . But it's a lot of aggro.

Should have gone to Specsavers... ;)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . It is possible. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . to use faint. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . text to get. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . other words in. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . oddly. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . spaced locations.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . But it's a lot of aggro.
I seriously doubt that Specsavers would help here - that 'feint text' is totally invisible (indistinguishable from background) on my screen!

Kind Regards, John

Also read the last paragraph of 120.3, and consider the fact that if you mix colours you create an extra hazard which requires a warning notice to be place on or near the CU, so not doing that, i.e. if you do depart from the regulations in order to carry on using old colours to alter an existing installation, it cannot possibly be regarded as a departure which contravenes 120.3.

And a few months ago, BAS went as far as saying that if you have red/black available to extend an existing red/black installation, that you are required to use it rather than extending with brown/blue and introducing mixed schemes:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1925289

(Warning - Long thread!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back