2 fused spurs off a double socket... can this be done?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just been told if I convert a double socket into two singles I can then feed a fused spur off each socket... can anyone confirm that is possible and more so OK for part P regulations etc...

Sponsored Links
This will be relating to your other topic? //www.diynot.com/forums/electrics/fused-spur-info.291038/

Why start another? Now nobody will know the context.

Yes it can be done, but why bother? Just extend the ring to include the two new FCUs, its only another metre or two of 2.5mm cable and has go to be easier than chopping another single box into the wall :rolleyes:

Did you get answers to my other questions yet?

(See other topic for the questions)

can anyone confirm that is possible and more so OK for part P regulations etc...
As designer do you believe that that load distribution would meet the deemed to satisfy requirements in 433.1.5, and Appendix 15 1(i)?

yes its related to my other post but didnt want to confuse the issue as my initial post as before talking to the guy that doing the work and is registed etc... Thanks.

Sponsored Links
yes its related to my other post but didnt want to confuse the issue as my initial post as before talking to the guy that doing the work and is registed etc... Thanks.

I don't want to be picky here but, if he is
registed etc...
then he should be competent to do the works.

I cannot imagine why, then, you are asking these questions, on his behalf, on a Do-It-Yourself forum.

My advice stands on how to do this job. I would not take either of the approaches that have been suggested so far, for the reasons i have already given.

I'm just very curious and checking what I'm being told is right... too many rouge traders/cowboy builder programmes.

can anyone confirm that is possible and more so OK for part P regulations etc...
As designer do you believe that that load distribution would meet the deemed to satisfy requirements in 433.1.5, and Appendix 15 1(i)?
If the designer didn't believe that, then none of the solutions so far suggested would be satisfactory, since all involve taking two spurs off very close points on the ring. In that situation, it would presumably be necessary to find a way of feeding one spur from a more distant point on the ring (probably impractical) or installing an additional final circuit.

Kind Regards, John.

I'm just very curious and checking what I'm being told is right... too many rouge traders/cowboy builder programmes.

Too many rouge customers, seeing a 25min show and thinking they know the relevant regs :D

Too many rouge customers, seeing a 25min show and thinking they know the relevant regs :D
Maybe - but in the context of this OP's questions (particularly the original thread) I presume you would do not regard the contractor's view of what should be done as acceptable, would you?

Kind Regards, John.

I was making a general comment.

But no, not the better way of doing things I agree.

In that situation, it would presumably be necessary to find a way of feeding one spur from a more distant point on the ring (probably impractical) or installing an additional final circuit.
And chalking this up as another example of a ring final being an unsuitable design.

I was making a general comment.
I realised that, but thought that there might be some confusion in the context of this thread - since the 'professional' advice apparently received by the OP is, indeed, on this occasion, suspect.

Kind Regards, John.

Was everyone wearing red ?
clap.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back