2 Gang Dimmer replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am replacing a 2gang dimmer switch which operates separate lights in my living room. Existing switch layout:-

L1 = BLUE
L2 = BLANK
C = RED

Bottom
L1 = YELLOW
L2 = BLANK
C = RED from top C

The dimmer switch i have to replace has only 4 terminals L1 and L2 x2.
Is this 2 gang dimmer not compatable with the existing three wires i have, excluding the earth wire? :oops:

Sponsored Links
Are you sure there is not a terminal with a wiggle line next to it? This would be the C.

Does the new dimmer have 'push on/off' or does it click to off when you rotate it fully anti-clockwise?

If it is push on/off, you must be missing the C or wiggle.

If it clicks when you rotate to the left, they it is a one way dimmer (rare these days). I would expect the terminals to be marked differently that L1 and L2 in this case though.

Make / model?

Photo of the rear?

where you bought it (if online)?

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the delay i am still a learner with these forums?
i bought the switch off eBay.co.uk, if you type in this description:- SP DESIGNER CHROME TOUCH LIGHT SWITCH 2GANG w/dIMMER your search should find one?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Photo of the rear?

plasticbum.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist :LOL:

Just treat the L2 as the Common then - give that a go. Worst that can happen is it wont work.

If you are going to put an arse up - Atleast make it a real one - Not some plastic doll RF!

Thanks Lectrician i will give it a try, nothing to loose i won it for £1.70 + postage, worth the gamble. Regards...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back