2 Part Flush Valve (syphon) replacement part help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a replacement syphon for an Armitage Shanks cistern which is a 2 button push flush but having real problems finding the part.

Any help would be appreciated.

There are two code numbers on the inside of the cistern SV1967 and SV4567 but these don't seem to relate to anything on Armitage Shanks/Ideal Standard spare parts site.

It's the syphon that has gone and now doesn't flush so don't need the buttons.

I had a plumber look at it and he came to the conclusion there was another part number for the syphon but now can't remember what is was.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately not as yet as it's a clients' tenant (doing him a favour) i did organise a plumber to go in but only got the answer posted in my first post, so haven't seen it myself. All I know is that the main part of the cistern is behind a panel.

Will try and get the client to speak to his tenant about getting a picture.

I constantly having to take the whole flush valve out (pictured) and wash the syphon and make sure that it doesn't get stuck up inside the holder (excuse my poor terminology).

It's usually ok for two or three flushes but it's becoming a real pain now, especially in the night.

The problem is I have no idea what I can buy to replace it, so if anyone has any idea, I would very much appreaciate it.

//media.diynot.com/172000_171902_36753_57133462_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
Fluidmaster top button flapper valve.
Fluidmaster%20Flapper%20Valve%20with%20Top%20Button.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back