2 socket circuit in 1 room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know if this is allowed or any reg against it

hallway - 1 socket on ring main with 30Ma RCBO on opposite side is a single socket protected by a 16A mcb wired on a seperate radial (nothing else connected to this circuit.

kitchen - cooker circuit wired direct from consumer unit to a connection plate 18" off floor with no switch in kitchen

thanks

kev

Sponsored Links
cant think of any regs off hand regarding the sockets, perhaps an idea would be to note it on the consumer unit and/or at the side of the sockets making it clear which mcb/rcbo isolates which socket.

im presuming this is a single phase installation by the way.

the cooker circuit is against regs however as you have no point of local isolation (should there be an emergency)

thanks yes it is a domestic flat

personally don't like the set up but hey i ain't living there :LOL: :LOL:

it's just the agent asked me for my opinion on it and i was not sure on either

cheers kev

I do not really understand the first issue with the sockets, can you explain what is connected to what?

As mentioned oven/ cooker without control unit does not comply...

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the 2nd socket might used to have been a night store point. Nothing wrong, but i would put a warning in the socket boxes.

sorry guys have been busy today

main circuit supplying sockets, 1 of which is on left wall protected by a 30ma breaker

2nd circuit supplying 1 socket only. labelled freezer but has phone plugged into it, this is on right wall the 2 sockets are 5 feet apart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back