2 Stroke carburettor repair kit parts explained - Reed Valve - Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

Please do not laugh for my stupid question but I'm a self taught and only repair my own tools. always looking to improve my knowledge

I picked up from a friend a very cheap Mac 335 which he given up as not working. I was given it in a box with 2 carburator. Unfortunately both chinese as guess someone trued to sort out and just purchased a cheap one off Ebay.

Obviously with both carburettor does not start. If I pour a bit of fuel on the plug side it start and run for few second. so guess compression is okay

My question is that opening both carburettor I notice that one has a reed valve like the Blue line in the black material and the other has the reed valve on the same material like the red valve. I don't know the difference and would like someone to explain me.

Is there is anything that I could run through me this things as really want learn more

Thanks

1701613197680.png

Sponsored Links
Those two are fuel pump diaphragms, use any one you like so long as it exactly matches the original.
The U shaped flaps are the valves that open and close the fuel ports on the main casting so it goes on there first, followed by the gasket.
John

Those two are fuel pump diaphragms, use any one you like so long as it exactly matches the original.
The U shaped flaps are the valves that open and close the fuel ports on the main casting so it goes on there first, followed by the gasket.
John

Thanks John. So their made in different material but works as same way. Just thought they had different function

Sponsored Links
Back