2-way weatherproof junction box - in need of recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm tired of cheap and nasty Chinese tat, can anyone recommend a good quality 2-way weatherproof junction box manufacturer please?

I bought one of these some time ago:

and it's crap - flimsy plastic, looks like it'll spring a leak at some stage, etc.

I guess there are good manufacturers out there which produce high quality products? Maybe even British manufacturers? Amazon and Ebay only have the cheap Chinese rubbish and on looking around so do many other online sellers too.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
maybe worth the OP reading the reviews, as the amazon 1* reviews do indicate its not been waterproof/water resistant - just an FYO

Maybe call CEF or TLC - I see a couple of post before this including TLC

Last edited:
the reviews indicate not waterproof

Maybe call CEF or TLC
What "reviews" are those? Links please?

What do you regard as waterproof? IP66/67 is water resistant as defined in the IP chart.

Personally I have never had problems with Wiska boxes when installed by me. Have done several remedials for Wiska that have had water ingress but ALL of those have been because some muppet didn't gland properly, or not sealed a rear entry, etc.

Sorry,
I was just looking at the amazon reviews 1 star for the link posted by OP

and quite a few said that it filled with water - and poor quality

so the reviews confirm what the OP found
and it's crap - flimsy plastic, looks like it'll spring a leak at some stage, etc.

I tend to treat reviews with a pinch of salt - BUT if a lot of people are reviewing 1* with the same sort of issues - this has always tended to provide OK information to base a buying decision on
Anyway - Thats what i do with , Amazon, Screwfix, etc
when i have had a disappointing product (where I did not read reviews before hand) Like a marking gauge recently - I then look at the reviews and find lots of people complaining of the same issue
MY view point.

I was just looking at the amazon reviews 1 star for the link posted by OP
Aah ok. Your post was after two recommendations for Wiska, and i assumed you were dissing them!

As a small diversion, I see Wiska have introduced a new earthing spring for use on SWA glands. They look real handy. Wiska do have SWA earthing bars, but only for a couple of their boxes. These look like a great way of not having to use banjos.

Aah ok. Your post was after two recommendations for Wiska, and i assumed you were dissing them!
No sorry, i can see how that maybe misread - updated my post - hope thats cleared things up

I did suggest TLC - before i saw the previous posting ......

wonder how many will just use the spring to trap the earth cable under it and squash it against the gland......

I have used all of these and they have all been utterly reliable and given many many years service. In fact, I have never known one fail, unless abused by impact.

BG
MK
Wiska

My computer was made in China. It's ever so old and has been great.
Same here. I would. like the OP, steer clear of anything I knew to be "Chinese tat" ,just as I would steer clear of anything I knew to be "Asian tat", "British tat", "EWU tat", "US tat" or any other flavour of "tat" - but I don't think one can identify something as tat on the basis of the country of manufacture, or even on the basis of it being cheap. I own countless things which were very cheap and were made in China which have performed and lasted as well as I could ever have hoped.

In any event, we have little choice A while ago, a friend of mine if I could identify the electrical or electronic items 9or items containing electrical/electronic bits) in my who which were not manufactured in Asia - and I have to say that I have been struggling to produce any sort of list' ;)

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back