Mounting a 2 way extension socket to the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what a "2 bar plug " is and have altered the title according to my guess.
Sponsored Links
See if cable ties and some clips will do the job
or
Buy a '2 bar plug' that does have mounting holes
or
Fit a real socket and surface mounted back box.

You may be a able to fit four p clips to the wall, two level with the top of the unit, two level with the bottom of the unit, and thread cable ties through these and round the unit.

Absolute bodge, but there you go.

Sponsored Links
Easiest - buy a different board.

P clips are basically a piece of metal/plastic wrapped in such a way that they would wrap around a cable and the leg of the P is double thickness. This has a hole for a screw to secure to a wall. But people use them to thread a cable tie through, allowing a trailing socket to be cable tied to a wall.

If the unit can be opened, it's possible to drill a hole in a safe area so it can be screwed to the wall, or screwed to a small bit of ply that is screwed to the wall. You'd need to be able to determine where is safe, and how to do it risk free.

upload_2021-8-25_11-39-18.png

I am but as stated it keeps falling off the wall.

I've now bought a hot glue gun and will attempt to use that and let u know how I get on the weekend.

show us a pic of your socket

back and front

please

screws will be a hundred times better than glue.

Why do you want to fasten it to the wall?

Since screws were not an option as i have stated due to lack of mounting holes i used hot glue and so far so good touch wood its held in place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back