20/20 watt choke

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am trying to source a 20/20 quick-start choke for a series pair of 2 foot 20 watt fluorescent tubes to make under unit kitchen lighting to match up with existing lighting.
Does anyone know where I can obtain one or an equivalent?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean an instant start electronic ballast? What physical size? Tried google?

If there standard tubes(18watt) you can prob find a twin 18w ballast(electronic) at RS or wholesalers like edmunsons or city electrical factors.
Regards T

Do you mean an instant start electronic ballast? What physical size? Tried google?

Hi the size is approx L 130mm X W 45mm X H 40mm.
It reads 20/20 quickstart choke for series pair 2ft 20w tubes Cat No. AME 89176-4 made by Thorn. This unit was made up by a sparks many years ago ,it contains two 18 watt tubes and a type 155/200 starter.

Sponsored Links

Hi the size is approx L 130mm X W 45mm X H 40mm.
It reads 20/20 quickstart choke for series pair 2ft 20w tubes Cat No. AME 89176-4 made by Thorn. This unit was made up by a sparks many years ago ,it contains two 18 watt tubes and a type 155/200 starter.

PS Sorry two starters

Are you sure the tubes are 20W? It's normally 18W for a 2' tube

I've found a twin HF ballast here for you.

Clicky thingy

I've never heard of the company so caveat emptor

What you have is two tubes in series, using series starters.
If you want the same set up you will need a 36 or a 40 watt choke
A tridonic EC36 will do the job.

A high frequency ballast like RF says above, would be better and then no need for the starters.
The lamp holder wires will all return direct to the high frequency ballast.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back