Flourescent lamp problem

Wow...nice piece of kit, do you have a link to its spec? Maybe I can sweet talk my boss into buying one. All I had on hand was a multimeter & megger. I didn't take a chance on 500v between terminals, I used 250v & found no continuity. What strange little creatures these chokes are... I have learned a lot out of this post. :D

Sponsored Links
Yep, it's the same as the one in the link above, but mine has a slightly different front panel on it.

Thanks for the info guys :D
Friend with the wonky hood is out of town for a couple of days, I'll look in on the lamp problem when he gets back. I am sure I have been barking up the wrong tree suspecting the choke, more than likely a bad connection issue on the tube holder. Anyhow he was more than pleased he got his fan wired & working, he can fry by torchlight until the lamp is sorted :cool:
Eternally grateful for the interesting journey into the world of the magnetic choke :D :D

Sponsored Links
Just for interest — there are such lamps as fluorescent tubes with a single pin at each end. Expensive, a 5 ft 58W T8 lamp costs £36; they are used in flameproof fittings.

Buy on Line Here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back