2000 (N) reg Punto Keys

E

EdwardCurrent

Hello All,

My Fiat Punto N reg came with two keys, one blue one and one red one, which key is best for me use please ?

Thanks
Ed.
(sorry post is rushed, late for work).

No responses yet, I was wondering if one is a master key, but both have a symbol (triangle and circles! ) ???
Any idea's please ???
Ed.

Sponsored Links
Hello Self.
Ever heard of google ?? :oops:

Briefly, the red key can communicate with the ECU and vice versa. You can also cut the blue (daily driving) keys from the red.
Both red and blue keys contain a chip which will communicate with the immobiliser.
You should not drive using the red key, it can be used if needed. But the red key will make the ECU reset periodically, which does not bode well with petrol consumption etc.
So keep the red key safe, to re-set the ECU, if need be and for cutting duplicate blue keys.

So there :eek:

just to add a note

the red key is used to "programme" the new spare keys after they have been cut.

Example if you have lost the red master key on the old fords, if you have two spare working keys which start the car they both can be used to reprogramme a new spare key.

or as normal red key will programme new key.

Also what engine is it i can give you programming sequence

Sponsored Links
I once had a Punto with the dreaded RED key,
First off it was missing when I bought the car, when located it was at another dealer at the other end of the country.
When I traded the car in about 6 months later I was asked if I had the red key or they would deduct about £600 off the trade in value.
evedently all the electronics locks etc, have to be changed if it gets lost.
JonB

Back