2006 Primera 1.8 petrol timing belt?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been asked to service the car.

Car's done 52k and the book states belt change at 54k.

Anything special with the belt change on these cars?

I've looked at the Mann website for the filters and its P12 model.

Sponsored Links
Apologies, I've done research and the Nissan Primera range are chain driven.

I presuming a Primera chain replacement is doable with the engine in situ.

I imagine all the kit has to come of the front before the front engine cover removal.

Been looking at this replacement kit. Cranks and two camshaft sprockets but hopefully, it'll never need replacing.

How prone are these chains to wear?

I would have thought regular oil changes would keep the job right.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I've only experience of the petrol Micra and the Primera diesel......in each case it is possible to do the job in situ (Micra) but its much better - believe it or not - to remove the engine to do these sort of jobs as so much dismantling is required.
I've spoken to Nissan about premature wear and they don't believe the problem to be a lubrication issue - more the luck of the draw which isn't too helpful!
For sure, you'll know if the chains have worn because the rattling is truly horrendous :eek:
With the Primera, too much chain wear means the crank and cam position sensors get out of phase which can mean a no start situation.
John :)

When I had a 1.6 Primera back in the 90's I was told it was a lubrication issue. However it was probably the most reliable car I've had. Engine was spot-on.

ref: more the luck of the draw

Probaly more to do with a change of specification in material by the manufacturing subconctrator who made the componets.

It happened at a company I used to work for. The component supplier changed the spec thinking that it was acceptable and it wasn't. Failure problems ensued!

Thanks for posting Gents.

Back