2008 Outstanding by Keter 6x4 Garden Shed. Instructions anyone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have acquired a Keter shed, still boxed and unassembled, for free from an elderly lady locally. Unfortunately the instructions, although present, had got wet and stuck together making them almost completely unreadable.

I have been in touch with Keter who were unable to provide any assistance.

The shed is from about 2008 judging by the date moulding marks on the plastic components and that ties in with a period when Keter appears to have used the name/branding "Outstanding by Keter". I have trawled the internet and did find a few sets of instructions on a web archive site for products of that period but nothing sufficiently similar to be much help. I think this may have been a B&Q/Homebase cheap "Special"! It uses a lot of extruded aluminium components and I have managed to pretty much work out how it goes together, but I cannot figure out how the door is supposed to hinge. There are no hinge or pivot components with it at all. The only thing I can think of is that it may have been intended to use the thin edge of the side panel next to the door, attached some how via the aluminium door edge strip, as a plastic hinge. I can't see that lasting long! It's possible of course that there are some bits missing from the box, but there doesn't appear to be room for adding any kind of conventional hinges between the door and it's frame and the pictures on the box show no external hinges.

So my appeal is to anyone who has a Keter shed from this period that sounds similar to tell me how their door is hinged. Or ideally of course anyone who still has a copy of any instructions relating to such vintage products! Like the lovely lady who gave it to me I don't want to throw it away, such a waste of materials.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back