2011 Census Supplimentary Questions...

Sponsored Links
Very good!

I would suggest a few more supplementary questions to be put to people:

1. Are you aware that once the census data is being processed in the United States by Lockheed Martin, it will be subject to the U.S. Patriot Act of 2001, meaning that under the guise of "the war on terror" the Feds. can demand the release of your personal information?

2. Are you aware that under the U.K. Statistics & Registration Service Act 2007 there is provision for your private data supplied via the census to be released in relation to any criminal investigation, both inside & outside the United Kingdom, in the interests of national security, to fulfill any EU obligation, by court order, and even for it to be available to an "approved researcher," as defined by the board?

3. Do you, therefore, actually believe the claim that all personal details collected will remain strictly confidential for 100 years and not be used for any other purposes?

I've already dealt with my census form by dumping it straight into the green recycling bin. Well, the government keeps urging us to recycle as much as possible, right? ;)

do you have evidence to support your claims in (1) and (2)?

Sponsored Links
do you have evidence to support your claims in (1) and (2)?

Well I can help you out on (2)...

I have something on (1) filed somewhere which I'll post when I find it!

Statistics and Registration Service Act 2007 *

Section 39 Confidentiality of personal information

(4) Subsection (1) does not apply to a disclosure which—

(a) is required or permitted by any enactment,
(b) is required by a Community obligation,
(c) is necessary for the purpose of enabling or assisting the Board to exercise any of its functions,
(d) has already lawfully been made available to the public,
(e) is made in pursuance of an order of a court,
(f) is made for the purposes of a criminal investigation or criminal proceedings (whether or not in the United Kingdom),
(g) is made, in the interests of national security, to an Intelligence Service,
(h) is made with the consent of the person to whom it relates, or
(i) is made to an approved researcher.

* Link:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2007/18/contents#pt1-pb11-l1g39

Back