Census

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who erroneously believe that the information will remain anonymous for 100 years...

The private company awarded the 2021 census contract is Leidos Innovations UK...

Whose parent company is Leidos, an American defence, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company...

Who merged with Lockheed Martin a few years ago...

And Lockheed Martin 'coincidentally' had the contract for the last census in 2011...

Unfortunately being American companies they are subject to the 'patriot act', which requires disclosure on demand.
And the data can be handed back to the UK if 'required'...

Sponsored Links
And your problem with us knowing about potential terrorists is........? You think we don’t share info with American law enforcement? Sorry, forgot again, you consider yourself a bit of a female Che Guevara. I take it Che, Fidel and Mandela were hero’s of yours?

And your problem with us knowing about potential terrorists is........? You think we don’t share info with American law enforcement? Sorry, forgot again, you consider yourself a bit of a female Che Guevara. I take it Che, Fidel and Mandela were hero’s of yours?
The data is supposed to anonymised for 100 years.

The data is supposed to anonymised for 100 years.
Just like data protection eh? Well, newsflash, data protection is exempt in cases of law enforcement and national security. I don’t have any problems with that BD. Do you?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
For those who erroneously believe that the information will remain anonymous for 100 years...

The private company awarded the 2021 census contract is Leidos Innovations UK...

Whose parent company is Leidos, an American defence, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company...

Who merged with Lockheed Martin a few years ago...

And Lockheed Martin 'coincidentally' had the contract for the last census in 2011...

Unfortunately being American companies they are subject to the 'patriot act', which requires disclosure on demand.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/census/2011census/confidentiality/datasecurityandtheuspatriotact

Data security and the US Patriot Act
Arrangements were made to ensure that UK 2011 Census data could not be accessed by US authorities.

Ellal talking billhooks again. Then he/she won't believe what's on the ONS website anyway, so I suppose it's moot.

Just like data protection eh? Well, newsflash, data protection is exempt in cases of law enforcement and national security. I don’t have any problems with that BD. Do you?
Yes. If the information on the census form can be used for potential law enforcement, national security, etc, then criminals, and anyone else who objects, are less likely to complete the census form accurately, or at all, making it more or less useless.

Just like data protection eh? Well, newsflash, data protection is exempt in cases of law enforcement and national security.
You missed out the word 'alleged'...

I wonder how many 'instances' that would cover when 'convenient'? :rolleyes:

As for those who believe the data is not accessed, then as a certain song goes you have become 'comfortably numb'!

Yes. If the information on the census form can be used for potential law enforcement, national security, etc, then criminals, and anyone else who objects, are less likely to complete the census form accurately, or at all, making it more or less useless.
So what’s the ****ing problem? It’s just to plan for future things like transport, housing, education, healthcare etc.

Why do you lot always suspect something? I pity your partners!

Perhaps because it always happens.
Our data always gets lost when their servers are breached, they leave a laptop in the car or drop a USB with it on.
And when they do more information that can be used to steal our identities and cost us sh.itloads is out there being sold on the corrupt sites.

The "if your not a criminal then you have no problem" type of argument is just utter tosh!

And when they do more information that can be used to steal our identities and cost us sh.itloads is out there being sold on the corrupt sites.

The "if your not a criminal then you have no problem" type of argument is just utter tosh!
But that can apply to virtually everything and a lot less secure that government data. Phone, electricity, gas, mobile phone, credit cards, bank details, library card, car insurance, ebay, Amazon, sky, any website you purchase from, loyalty cards, store cards, council tax, mortgage applications etc etc etc. They are all bound by the data protection act but I wouldn’t mind betting that they are a lot easier to hack into than a government website.

But that can apply to virtually everything and a lot less secure that government data.
You mean like the 25 million personal records that were 'lost' by HMRC?
(Child benefit Claimants)

Or the 3 million records that were 'lost' by the Driving Standards Agency?
(Funnily enough via an outsourced company in America!)

Or the 1.7 million records that were 'lost' by the MOD?
(Funnily enough again via an American contractor - EDS)

"UK government departments experienced "thousands" of data breaches between 2019 and 2020, raising concerns about the quality of security implemented by the institutions."

Do you still think 'government data' is so secure?

And btw, it's our personal data not theirs!

Do you still think 'government data' is so secure?
I didn’t say government data was 'secure' I said it was 'more secure' than other such data. By that, I mean for every government data breach, I could probably show you a dozen or more non governmental data breaches. Nothing is secure, that’s my point - I don’t expect the census data to be kept 'secure' if somebody wanted it bad enough. You infer that the USA will just pass out our data willy nilly. They won’t. They’re not allowed to unless it’s to prevent or detect a crime. Now untwist your knickers you silly old woman.

I didn’t say government data was 'secure' I said it was 'more secure' than other such data.
Prove it

By that, I mean for every government data breach, I could probably show you a dozen or more non governmental data breaches.
Probably because there are far more private databases :rolleyes:

I don’t expect the census data to be kept 'secure' if somebody wanted it bad enough.
Thus proving my point...

Plus laws can be changed 'will nilly', especially in times when normal legislative scrutiny is bypassed!

So what’s the ****ing problem? It’s just to plan for future things like transport, housing, education, healthcare etc.

Why do you lot always suspect something? I pity your partners!
The anonymised data is supposed to be used for those purposes that you mention.
But you are content for the data to be used for other purposes, as and when the government chooses.
You might have full confidence in the current UK government. Probably at least half of the population do not share your sentiment.

Why is the data released in real terms in 100 years? What purpose could it serve? Why alienate whole sections of the population by making the data accessible for indeterminate reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back