PAT Testing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Completed a PAT course a good few weeks ago. I found it pretty strange as i passed with flying colours, but we done no practical, just had a demonstration. :rolleyes:

Sat thinking about doing some PAT for my uncle's office, when come up with some questions which i hope someone can answer, as no one explained on this course;

You complete a Form similar to Form Vb for each item tested, but do i keep a copy of this form or does it just require the office to keep the original copy and i simply fill it in each time i test the item?

Do i keep copies of all documents i fill in? so i can prove any results at a later date? Or is again it ok to simply fill in the office's original docs?

Sponsored Links
Although i dont believe you are required to by law, i keep copies anyway. I invested in a cheap programme so it all can be logged on my laptop rather than have stupid amounts of paper work (I do this with all my test result). One benifit of this is that if you ever go back to test appliances again, you have a record and a trend of any deviation in results. You can then maybe inform a customer that his appliances are on there way out before they go pop. Makes you look professional.

ack351 said:
I invested in a cheap programme so it all can be logged on my laptop rather than have stupid amounts of paper work (I do this with all my test result). One benifit of this is that if you ever go back to test appliances again, you have a record and a trend of any deviation in results. You can then maybe inform a customer that his appliances are on there way out before they go pop. Makes you look professional.

Can you give us the name of the program and how much it cost?
Also where you can purchase it . Thanks.

I bought it on ebay, just had a look for you and the seller i bought it from is still selling them. It cost me less than a tenner including postage. Have a look on ebay at Item number: 120158861271. This is the one i use. There is also a few bonus items included in the sale

Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
ack351 said:
I bought it on ebay, just had a look for you and the seller i bought it from is still selling them. It cost me less than a tenner including postage. Have a look on ebay at Item number: 120158861271. This is the one i use. There is also a few bonus items included in the sale

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that - just bought myself one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back