2014 Citroen C4 Picasso Mirrors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This morning wife sets off in car as normal mirrors open drives off about 10 minutes into the journey mirrors close and won't reopen.

Got it booked in for Monday at the garage, but wondered what I could look at over the weekend.

indicators okay, mirror adjustments okay, just wont auto open and close when opening and closing the car.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If the car was mine, I think I'd start by reading up on how to 'initialise' the mirrors - plenty about that on the web. This is necessary if the battery voltage has become low for some reason or the battery has been changed. Curious things can occur if the mirrors were preventing from opening or closing at some time - perhaps due to ice or whatever.
Next, there could be a broken wire in the harness where the bodyshell connects to the door - repeated flexing can cause the wire conductors to snap whilst leaving the insulation intact. Sometimes you can feel a lump inside the insulation where the fracture has occurred.
Next, there are devices called body control modules that attend to the electrical systems all over the vehicle. Sometimes there is only one, but the C5 for example has one per door :eek:
This will probably ruin your sanity, in which case a chat with the Citroen service manager could pay dividends - hopefully they may have come across this before.
Wishing you luck with it!
This is what happened to me last winter......a passenger tried to use the electric windows when they were frozen shut. Afterwards when things had thawed I was able to initialise things once more courtesy of the handbook. However, the mirrors wouldn't fold in either :eek: Anyone who can tell me the connection there wins a cookie!
John :)

had a look online so thought I would try my luck here.

it hasn't been particular cold when it failed and the stop start is working okay, I am sure thelads at thelocal garage will sort it but the wife needs mirrors I probably wouldn't even have notice....they folded back in...….

Thanks

Update, my local garage tell me the fault was a switch and it took them 10 seconds to sort, no charge. (I guess that's why I use them).

going to get them some beers.(honesty should be rewarded in my book and what is a pack of Beer £10-£14?) .Not all garages would be so honest?.

Funnier still the manager, couldn't show me how to recreate/ressolve the fault, but they will next time I am passing.

Sponsored Links
Thats certainly the result that everyone wants!
It does sound like an initiation issue but either way, sorted!
John :)

Back