2016/17: Current status of Green Deal, available grants, etc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As of late 2016, what is the current availability of any government-backed assistance to make a home more energy efficient?
  1. I've come across Green Deal on EPC reports though haven't investigated yet, but it appears purely to be a way to borrow the money... presumably with interest payable...?
  2. My understanding is that solar panels and other renewables (solar heating, wind turbine in the garden) have had subsidies and enticements slashed in the last couple of years or so. From a purely financial standpoint do these make financial sense if you pay yourself? Are there still any ways to get help doing this kind of thing?
  3. I seem to recall at one point you could actually get a grant for roof insulation (maybe other things). Is there anything like this still going on?
I imagine the details change every Budget, can anyone give me any general idea where to start looking into this myself, is there a really good website which guides one through the various options for instance? Seems like there's a lot to think about and no doubt things I don't even know exist, so just googling I face the problem I'm not sure what to search for!

Thankyou.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back