20amp blanking plate with flex outlet on lighting circuit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again,

I am hoping to move a switch from inside an airing cupboard to outside it and want to use a blanking plate to replace the old switch. I can only find a 20amp blanking plate that also has a flex outlet, is this going to be ok for a lighting circuit?

Hope you can help,

Ben

Sponsored Links
either you are using the wrong search term or looking in the wrong place, they do exist

1) What zone will the switch be in after it's been moved?

2) What do you plan to do regarding the requirement to notify LABC of this work?

My airing cupboard is outside of the bathroom, on/in the landing. It is a cupboard built into the corner of the landing using fairly thin board.

I was unsure as to which 'jobs' needed plans submitting to the LABC - is this one?

Thanks for all your help,

Ben

Sponsored Links
So can I use a 20amp plate on a lighting circuit?

My father in law has bought me such a plate, but I am not sure whether the ampage is going to cause problems?

Ben

Do you want to blank off a disused 1 gang box?

In which case you need a 1 gang blank plate.

Why would a 20A flex outlet be a problem on a 5/6A lighting circuit?

boznia said:
So can I use a 20amp plate on a lighting circuit?
If your car requires tyres rated to 125mph is it safe to use ones rated to 149mph?
If you need shelf brackets to support a 30kg load, is it safe to use ones that will support 50kg?
If you need a saucepan of 7l to cook your soup without it boiling over, is it safe to use a 10l one?

My father in law has bought me such a plate
Put it away until you need a flex outlet plate, and buy a blanking plate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back