A small flex outlet plate?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am finding myself needing a flex outlet for 2 cables, but narrower than a standard flex outlet plate. I have searched for architrave sized ones, but nothing seems to exist. I also cannot find any adaptable boxes that are any smaller than a standard 1gang box.

This is for a hot water cylinder with 2 elements. The pipework for some under floor heating is in the way of fitting a full-sized blanking plate.

Does anyone have any creative suggestions, including strain relief, and accessible terminals?

Many thanks
Tim

Sponsored Links
Trouser/Yee conduit box?
Couple of thro' boxes above one another with domed lids?

Should fit in 60mm rather than 85mm ish?

Trouser/Yee conduit box?
Couple of thro' boxes above one another with domed lids?

Should fit in 60mm rather than 85mm ish?

Trouser box looks promising... do you reckon I'd get 5 terminals and cables into one? Any suggestions for strain relief?

Cannot find a through box with domed lid, any chance of a link?

Many thanks
Tim

Sponsored Links

This is very helpful, thanks. I was thinking of a PVC box, but I think only the metal ones will have threaded legs to take a stuffing gland?

I'll size them up in the shop, I could either use a 2 leg if I think I can get 5 connections inside (I'd bridge the earths), or use 2x 1 leg boxes if it looks too tight. (2 flex, 2x 2.5mm t+e)

Thanks again, great advice

Put flex outlets somewhere else and P clip the flexes on the surface to where you want them to eminate from?

How about extending the feed using T&E clipped to the wall and putting a pattress box with flex outlet in a more convenient spot?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back