Small flex outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a miniature flex outlet? It's to fix into a plasterboard wall.

There are these things:

IMG_0061.JPG

But they don't have a cable clamp, and don't fix very securely to the wall. I'm imagining something a bit like those surface-mount TV aerial sockets:

IMG_0062.JPG

but a (thin) flex outlet, rather than a socket.

Or something "architrave" size.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It would still need a small faceplate of some sort....

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestion. Their architrave-size plate only seems to be available in a metal finish, not just plain white plastic, which is not what I was hoping for. Hmmm.

I was wondering if some other country uses something smaller than our normal back box size that I could repurpose.

The wire is a small flex related to the heating system; the wall is plasterboard that will eventually be painted.

How about Architrave blanking plate drilled with 16mm stuffing gland?

jpg

You could fit the gland in reverse, which might give a flusher finish...

What about a round conduit box, set into the wall such that the lid is level with the surface, and then before painting paper the wall with heavy duty lining paper to cover it?

Or go with your first suggestion of a grommet, and tie a knot in the flex to stop it being pulled through.

Oh ban, I'm so very disappointed in you. Since when has tying knots in mains flexes been an acceptable form of strain relief?
A rhetorical question :-
Apart from it being a bodge what is the 'unacceptable' difference between a knot and a cable clamp that squeezes a cable flat, generally with 1 or 2 pressure ridges to boot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back