Fused switched spur with flex outlet - can it be an inlet?

Broom-broom!
1658494625376.png

Sponsored Links
Brushes have their place.
When I was helping a mate do up his "pad", we put trunking down the walls for "to be decided when we put them in and liable to change" cables - aerial, speakers, HDMI, network, ... Rather than leave a galv box showing he used brushes, but he has a bit of a humorous side to him. Needless to say he had people coming round to see how it ended up - and they'd ask what these funny looking plates were. Before there were cables to give the game away, he'd tell them they were toe ticklers - and people believed him :ROFLMAO:

As some blank plates are thicker than others may I suggest a trip to somewhere like b&q where you can take them off the shelf and see if the edge will be thick enough to file a slot into. the old style MK square edge ones (if i remember correctly) used to have almost precut areas to enable you to do just what you are proposing

Sponsored Links
They probably do - but if/when there are alternatives, I'm personally likely to prefer the appearance of those alternatives :)

Kind Regards, John
I too prefer the alternative to brushes; and in my own home, am happy to weild a soldering iron! :)
20220722_185537.jpg
...and I'm sure some will see this and think, maybe brushes are better! :)

Or, as has been said already, you can get a company to do it for you.
Indeed one can, but one is then paying for the terminals etc. (and cable restrain) when all one really wants/needs is the plate and a hole.

I may be wrong, but I have a vague recollection that I've seen blank plates (no terminals etc.) with a sort of 'knockout" (wall, a thinner bit of material to file/cut) on the edge for a cable entry. Did I dream that?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back