22mm reducer fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to go from 22mm solder ring elbow, to a 15mm push fit coupler

Also

From a 15mm pipe to a 22mm push fit coupler

I thought I needed a 22mm reducer, but apparently what I actually need is a 22mm reducer o_O

If somebody could tell me what part I need that would be helpful, it's a bit confusing when a 22mm -15mm reducer isn't the same as a 22mm - 15mm reducer. And that's all they seem to call them on the web although they are different.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, I was just looking at the FLowmasta one, so yes the 22mm end will fit into my 22mm solder ring elbow. and then a bit of copper into the 15mm end for the push fit to clamp onto. 15mm end isn't a solder ring though so some actual soldering required yes?

Second scenario, I'm not quite sure I follow. I have a 15mm pipe coming out of the shower pump, I have a 22mm push fit fllexible hose to go onto it. So the JG speedfit part, the push fit end is 15mm? and then my 22mm push fit goes on the other end of it yes?

Sponsored Links
Second scenario, I'm not quite sure I follow. I have a 15mm pipe coming out of the shower pump, I have a 22mm push fit fllexible hose to go onto it. So the JG speedfit part, the push fit end is 15mm? and then my 22mm push fit goes on the other end of it yes?

the 'male' end 22mm diameter the 'female' end will accept 15mm pipe

15mm end isn't a solder ring though so some actual soldering required yes?

Err, just in case you're thinking that solder ring doesn't need "soldering"... It does!
Well, by that, I mean it requires "heating/sweating" with a blow torch... The end feed needs same with "solder" applied separately, from a reel!

Semantics eh ;)

Thanks for the heads up. I guessed solder ring already has solder in it, and just needs heating up with a blowtorch.

I can do soldering with a separate reel, seems a lot easier to use a fitting with a solder ring tho and just heat it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back