22mm threaded tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if you can get 22mm threaded tails/pipe in 4-6 inch lengths?

It's a long and boring story but in short I have a thermostatic mixer shower with no tails. There is a 22mm captive nut to connect to but no male threaded tail. All I need is two lengths of threaded tail like those on bath taps and I'd be well away, I'm just not sure if/where you can get it from.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Colin

Sponsored Links
If it's a Mira you could contact them, if not try the scrappies as they usually have discarded mixers lying about the place and they will gladly
take you dosh for the tails, if that fails the thread off of a 22mm or 15mm side entry ballvalve may do as it has a face for the nut to pull up too.

tails off of a ball valve might be an idea, I'm not sure if they would be long enough. the attachment is quite complicated with collars bringing the unit away from the wall by an 1 1/2" including connection to the unit plus the better part of an inch through tiles and plaster plus another inch for connecting to. so the tails would have to be quite long.

I haven't got the unit here to check the make unfortunately and I don't know of any scrappies localy. I was just wandering if any of the usual suspects might sell 22mm threaded pipe?

That would be far to easy I suspect.

Colin

Yes you can get them. They aren't 22mm compression nut, they're 3/4" bsp. If you use a 3/4 backplate elbow in the wall and a 3/4" "nipple" which can be any length, you can fix the mixer. Or go to a decent plumber's merchant and you'll get the offset elbows which are standard with a mixer. 1/2 x 3/4.

You can get chrome rad extensions, also bib tap extensions, which are M&F, and obviously then use another fitting the other end for whatever you like. Scour BES, they may do stainless, these are there galvanised:.
11488.gif

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back