Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
insulation resistance were do i test fa this on the 2391 rig?ze and earth loop or zs r the same seting on meter isnt it.were do i test for this on the instalation thr is a sub main,3-phase board and a single phase board isnt thy?obviously thy r al live tests rnt thy?were do i do the ze tests ,zs tests and the pfc tests?

Sponsored Links
insulation resistance were do i test fa this on the 2391 rig?ze and earth loop or zs r the same seting on meter isnt it.were do i test for this on the instalation thr is a sub main,3-phase board and a single phase board isnt thy?obviously thy r al live tests rnt thy?were do i do the ze tests ,zs tests and the pfc tests?

Roughly translates as:

Insulation resistance, where do I test this on the 2391 rig? Are Ze and EFLI/Zs the same setting on the meter? Where do I test for this on the installation, there is a sub-main, 3-phase board and a single-phase board isn't there? Obviously they are all live tests aren't they? Where do I do the Ze tests, Zs tests and the PFC tests?

Oh, one last thing. You're going to fail your 2391.

I know were to test all these readings I was just asking for sure.Cheers for your ever so grateful help anyway!

Sponsored Links
I passed my am2 in 2005 out of work at moment cos work has dryd up.Hopefully im gtn ma 2391 granted n payd for cs am nt wrkin.R thr any pointers i shd knw for the practical? A mite aswell ava go for nowt. plus a quik cuple of qs wud a twin cable b put down as 1 phase 3 wire.Say a 4 core armoured with 3 phase + neutral,is this classed as 3 phase 4 wire?tb ryan
wht circuitry is on the 2391 rig? is evryfin explained on the course bfr the test?do u gt vany hands on experience on the course etc?
On the 2391 r u jst given the rig and u jst gt on wit it startin wit continuity tests or wt?and thn cary on wit ring final circuit etc eventualy cmn t live tests?
wt circuitry is on the 2391 rig?is evryfin explained on the course bfr the test?D u gt any hands on experience on the course?telin u hw t do the tests?
R u jst given the rig and u just gt bon wt it startin wit startin continuity tests ?and thn carry on wit ring final circuit etc?
As far as the r1 +r2 tests r concerned I jst take the furthest outlet point n take reading correct.Bt wt apens on 3 phase wiring do I just joint out one of the phases ona conecta to its earth and te3st at its furthest outlet?ths corect?Say the motor circuit was mains t motor isolator frm here t motor were wd it need testing at the isolator or actual motor for r1 +r2?help guys
Orite thn I have fot my 2391 comin up is there anything I need to look out for?that better?
I know were to test all these readings I was just asking for sure.Cheers for your ever so grateful help anyway!
Troll or f***wit?

Cast your votes.....

Christ.. I am too hung over to reply to these threads :D
If you have to ask these questions I would say you will struggle. It's a level 3 qualification with (currently) around 37% pass rate. The course itself is designed for those who are already engaged in the inspection and testing of installations.

Mr Booth

The 2391 is a written examination. In it you will have to write your replies and (in some cases) probably half a page of explanation about a scenario that the examiner may choose.

Unless you can express yourself properly, in writing, you will not pass as the examiner will not want to be bothered to translate " txt spk ".

As a first step, I suggest you practise by asking questions written in coherent English. Otherwise please save your money and abandon your attempt to pass this examination. At least we then will not have to put up with your gibberish.

ryan, are you from Wakey or Ponty? I've only ever seen people from there talking/writing like that.

You'll get on better on this forum by using the Queen's English instead of the troll English you see on text messages.

Not entirely true as the examiners will not be marking you on your gramma grammer grama (text) but the knowledge is key. But it's not just the written exam but a practical assessment in four areas too. GL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back