24 Dec - update - Grundfos pump still runs constantly

Sponsored Links
Hi and thank you. No it wasn’t BG, a local installer put it in. Straight swap for an old heat only boiler. A Vaillant engineer came out and checked the boiler installation and he confirmed the boiler was fine.

BG have changed the programmer today (like for like). The problem was only arising when the heating was set to ‘constant’ on the programmer, so maybe it was a faulty programmer after all.who knows, I’m suicidal now with all this. Touch wood - all appears to be working fine...at present

Sponsored Links
Or a basement driving range?

Don't worry.... K has just sent me drawings for a 8 bed house complete with Staff house attached to the 4 car garage.

We can get the ufh materials upstairs using the lift and store it in the dressing rooms attached to all the main bedrooms.

1200 metres of ufh to price, not sure if the M&E needs doing too. Happy days :LOL:

Or a basement driving range?

Don't worry.... K has just sent me drawings for a 8 bed house complete with Staff house attached to the 4 car garage.

We can get the ufh materials upstairs using the lift and store it in the dressing rooms attached to all the main bedrooms.

1200 metres of ufh to price, not sure if the M&E needs doing too. Happy days :LOL:

And its in Potters Bar, yes? :LOL:

19 December 2018 - update:

9 British Gas engineer visits later and the fault has still not been found. They changed the Honeywell water valve too as thought it was sticky micro switches but to no avail. I’ve posted my concerns on Twitter now - please feel free to read and add your comments - @SardarShama

So there you have my issues my friends. We had the same issue with the old boiler and again with the new boiler. Didn’t really a new boiler at all did we British Gas?

So to date:

1 new boiler
I new room thermostat (same model as before)
1 new programmer/timer (same model as before)
3 new heating full motorised acutuator including new brass spindle
1 new water full motorised actuator including new brass spindle
No frost stat
No pump overrun
The 24v link has been removed from the boiler.

But still the Grundfos pump stays on constantly, making the boiler fire up. Both actuators closed, no demand for heat or water. The pump just pumps around the water bypass circuit in the airing cupboard, so the pipes are red hot. The wiring has been checked in the junction box in the airing cupboard, but no luck. The wiring on the Tribune sealed cylinder thermostat has also been checked and is working fine. The house is only 10 years old. I just don’t know what to say or do anymore.

Without a heating and hot water demand get them to check the voltage on the boiler switched Live terminal....it may be a problem with induced voltage being sufficient to turn on the boiler even without the motorised valves switching.

Did you ask them to do the check above? And check when the timeclocks on constant.

What part of the country are you in ? I cant imagine its anything more that a wiring fault and should be found with a multimeter.

Hi Picasso
I’m up in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. The 10th BritGas engineer is here now. He’s checking with his multimeter - there is a feed on the orange wire for the heating zone valve / no demand from heating/hot water. Programmer set to ‘off’ room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back