24 Hours Service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone noticed that there is hardly any 24 hour services out there now.

At one stage in my town we a:
McDonald's
Tesco
Asda
About 3 petrol stations withstood open.

Now 3 petrol stations open with Shop closed.

Sponsored Links
A lot of front of service night workers get abuse from customers. My local Esso regularly gets folk filling up then driving off late at night/ in the early hours. Food retailers now have online delivery services i.e. Deliveroo as well as their own corporate websites so maybe there is less demand?

Sponsored Links
A lot of front of service night workers get abuse from customers. My local Esso regularly gets folk filling up then driving off late at night/ in the early hours. Food retailers now have online delivery services i.e. Deliveroo as well as their own corporate websites so maybe there is less demand?

But that's only if you have business open at 1am

Can't sleep at nights so so I may jump in my Car and go for a drive.

Cold night I fancied a Pasty BP or shell had nothing hot apart from coffee & Tea.

Drove up the M11 Stansted services had a waitrose open.
3 Starbucks and all other good outlets closed.

Motorway service stations at least need to offer a service to tired drivers and their families

I believe there is an app for that.

Though personally, I hate the idea of some poor sod running about on a moped to get food for lazy arses.. (not calling you a lazy arse bod, just the general growth in delivery ordering.)

I believe there is an app for that.

Though personally, I hate the idea of some poor sod running about on a moped to get food for lazy arses.. (not calling you a lazy arse bod, just the general growth in delivery ordering.)
Ive never understood or used any of these services. it is lazy and cold i would have thought by the time it gets to you

Has anyone noticed that there is hardly any 24 hour services out there now.

At one stage in my town we a:
McDonald's
Tesco
Asda
About 3 petrol stations withstood open.

Now 3 petrol stations open with Shop closed.
shortage of staff, what’s dat word what begins wiv a B

shortage of staff, what’s dat word what begins wiv a B

Even if that's true a motorway service station should have more open.

Or maybe they are not paying enough

Can't sleep at nights so so I may jump in my Car and go for a drive.
In days gone by, when I had trouble sleeping, I'd jump in the car and drive through the night, often the outskirts of London. I'd find a lay-by, get a few hours kip and drive home.

I did a lot of driving just for the heck of it. Loved it. Got jobs involving long-distance driving.
Must have driven 100s of thousands of miles in my time.
Great memories.

Sponsored Links
Back