tesco express

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
C

confidentincompetent

These tesco express shops seem to opening all over the place. 3 coming soon by us. The only thing is. Once upon a time there were four petrol stations nearby so petrol price was controlled by competion, Then a tesco opend with cut price petrol selling at a loss, the four petrol stations are now gone and Tesco petrol is the most expensive 87p ltr just now. Sooo wonder what sort of prices they'l be charging when they boot out the remaining small neighbourhood shops.

Sponsored Links
Indeed, so use the shops before its too late. Tesco is well pricey, although they like us to think otherwise. Screw the suppliers, destroy local shopping communities and pocket 2 billion quid in a year. Lovely. Farmers markets is where its at - support now or regret later.

Trouble is, while there are a few thinking people who would support the local, and helpful shops, most people are so unthinking and greedy, they believe Tesco's lies, and go shopping there.

Tesco are doing one of their insurgent shops here, and when they didn't get planning permission, the threatened to take the council to court, so the council gave in.

When they open, the Co-op will shut, and so, probably, will several others. This need not be because Tesco is any good, but because most people are so stupid.

oilman

When they open, the Co-op will shut, and so, probably, will several others. This need not be because Tesco is any good, but because most people are so stupid.
People shop in the store they do for convenience, a 1p here 2p there, we have to much money, what we want is choice, freshness, convenience car parking & all in one location. Tesco locals are opening as the permissions for out of town stores are not so easy as it was.
Tescos is not there for you or I, Its there for shareholders (oh dear thats probably you & me) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
keyplayer said:
Diyisfun said:
what we want is choice, freshness, convenience

And there lies the myth.

I agree. I love my food (especially bacon sarnies). I can't remember the last time I fried a piece of Supermarket bacon and it didn't deposit water and scum in the pan. Being village based, I often do work for local farms and get to sample produce that they are not allowed to sell because of the various regulations. Vastly superior to anything you would get in a Supermarket.

We always follow 'Food hero's on BBC2 Mondays. Makes you hungry.
Full of local produced food etc.

Shop local (as in local shops, not BIG companies with small local shops).

allegedly Tesco express will be spinging up every where, put it this way.
if a road is 5 miles long tesco want 5 TE on it. go figure

Aren't they showing an interest in the Longbridge site? That should prove popular. :rolleyes:

I find it surprising that people get upset about it all. I mean we all want low prices and have gone out to get them which is how tesco have been so successful in their large stores.
However the express stores work under different pricy policies and at some you can't even get the 'every little helps' bullshit points!

I've fortunately discovered the joy of Lidl and Aldi shopping. Good quality at low prices. Though they have an image problem, something like tesco used to have - cheap and nasty - I can save many pounds each time I shop there. And they also do DIY stuff and if you are lucky you can catch good quality, environmentally friendly gear that you need at a fraction of the orange monster.

Trouble is that it is all throwing the little indies out of business. Luckily I live where I have plenty of choice and buy all my fruit and veg from a box scheme where it gets delivered to my door, albeit at a price.[/b]

loublou said:
Trouble is that it is all throwing the little indies out of business. Luckily I live where I have plenty of choice and buy all my fruit and veg from a box scheme where it gets delivered to my door, albeit at a price.[/b]

We also buy from a box scheme and since we started, I have eaten veg I never even knew existed. (At least, I think it was veg.)

loublou said:
I mean we all want low prices

As I said, unthinking and greedy.

I would also point out, I am not a shareholder of Tesco (that I'm aware of), and I do not have a Tesco loyalty card, or any other store's loyalty card, nor do I collect nectar points or any other accumulation gimmick. (I admit to buying some of the cheap offers the local petrol station has from time to time).

oilman said:
loublou said:
I mean we all want low prices

As I said, unthinking and greedy.

And oblivious to the facts - they are not cheap, and the produce is not of the finest quality. They sell produce that has a massive indirect cost to the environment such as apples from new zealand, when British species are being lost forever, God only knows where they source their meat products from,produce of EEC can mean anything. The instore bakeries, Jesus. the only thing I go into Tescos for is to use the bog, and thats only because the rundown town square ones are shut down. Nice soft bog roll though....

the train now standing at platform 9and3/4 is the tesco express calling at oldham mumps pontifract bag hill and wanton walls

Sponsored Links
Back