tesco express

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
You have to watch TE prices as they are well inflated over the larger stores prices.

Guess what? They say that the prices are higher because of the costs of building......

I hate TE, because, not content with building OOT stores, now they want to take over the high street. Fight them!

I hate supermarkets generally. As has been said, they nail down suppliers to stupid money for their goods or F them off.

I hate the way they look really generous with their bogofs when who actually pays for them is the supplier.

I hate the way they charge a handling fee of anything up to £40 per item for any returns - charged to the supplier.

I also hate the way their food is s**tfull of crap.

I bought a veggie readymeal - pasta, tom sauce and "meat"balls.

460g. The amount of salt? 4.6g. That is nearly the whole recommended daily allowance for women.

I rang Tesco to moan, and their response was, well, it's not the complete allowance, is it?

I give up.

Sponsored Links
take a walk down your high street and if there are any butchers or grocers left in there, go in them and buy a roasting joint of your favourite meat and the veggies to go with it. Have a bit of banter with the butcher/ grocer and then go home and cook it and eat it. If you feel like going back to a supermarket after that, your gone in the head, or your taste buds have been so desensitised that your beyond help.
The likes of tescos are not good for the economy. Yes they turn over hugh sums, but when they are forcing farmers to sell their goods below cost price, because otherwise they cant sell the goods then something is seriously wrong. Bugger fair trade to the third world, we need to get a grip of it on our doorstep, before we all lose out

oilman said:
loublou said:
I mean we all want low prices

As I said, unthinking and greedy.

Nothing unthinking, nor greedy, simply don't have the budget to buy without cost consideration being high up on the agenda.

Price point noted. It is sad that veggies with real flavour attract premium prices. On the other hand, what percent of your weekly spend is veggies?
So spoil yourself now and again and buy organic mushrooms, carrots or bananas. That's where I find the biggest extra flavour value.
Oh yes, and being mostly veggie (cos the wife's veggie and I only cook weekends) I can cope with only buying meat from the butcher down the road - which still, thankfully, has real flavour.

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
The likes of tescos are not good for the economy. Yes they turn over hugh sums, but when they are forcing farmers to sell their goods below cost price,
That's very true, Tesco are nasty company to do business with. They are damaging our wafer thin petrol profit margin.

Why do we pay through the snozz for "organic" veg, when that's what it used to be 50 (or fewer) years ago?

masona said:
That's very true, Tesco are nasty company to do business with. They are damaging our wafer thin petrol profit margin.

Excuse me?

BBC News said:
Oil giant BP has reported a 26% rise in annual profit to $16.2bn (£8.7bn) after benefiting from high oil prices.

Last week, rival Shell reported an annual profit of $17.5bn - a record profit for a UK-listed company.

BP added that it was increasing its fourth-quarter dividend by 26% to 8.5 cents a share, and continuing with its share buyback programme.

BP chief executive Lord Browne said the results were strong "both operationally and financially".

ninebob said:
masona said:

Excuse me?

BBC News said:
Oil giant BP has reported a 26% rise in annual profit to $16.2bn (£8.7bn) after benefiting from high oil prices.

Last week, rival Shell reported an annual profit of $17.5bn - a record profit for a UK-listed company.

BP added that it was increasing its fourth-quarter dividend by 26% to 8.5 cents a share, and continuing with its share buyback programme.

BP chief executive Lord Browne said the results were strong "both operationally and financially".
If you read my other post the info is there somewhere. BP profit is worldwide and not just the UK profit.

In simple term because it's too complicated to explain Tesco are our biggest supplier for petrol and we sell it to them with no profit and that's why BP forecourt prices are dearer than Tesco and the only way it round is to put Tesco on the petrol forecourt.

Sponsored Links
Back