240v GU10 downlight wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have 4 GU10 240V downlight that I want to wire into the ceiling. I want to run the power to them from the ceiling light that is in the centre of the room. I have 1.5mm cable. Do run the cable to the first downlight and loop it from that to the second and from second to third and third to forth? Above the ceiling is the loft which is full of the glass wool insulation, do I need to make sure the entire area where the downlight is does not have any insulation near or touching the downlight ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are these lights to be switched independently?

As for the insulation, search this forum for "recessed lighting insulation" and you should get some threads back with useful information.

Doubt you can get 1.5mm cables in to the fitting. It is unnecessary anyway. Use 1mm cable.

Sponsored Links
Are these lights to be switched independently?

No I was thinking just to run them on the same switched line of the ceiling light. I will be putting low wattage bulbs as they will be just to provide some light to a feature wall which doesn't have to be too bright.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back