24i worcster fires up but ignition carrys on and it cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got a 24i worcster boiler,it fires up but cuts off after 10 sec,and the sparking still carrys on after it fires up any ideas please lads

Sponsored Links
flame rectification isnt working properly.

could be ignition leads, dirty burner, poor gas settings or pcb.

See if the live and neutral arent crossed,make sure it is live at pcb and the neutral isnt live,if they are just cross over and see if it works

Thanks nickso,i will check it out. I dont think macca's advice is going to suceed,but cheers anyway. Im going to have a look now and make sure im not overlooking something.

Sponsored Links
Thanks nickso,i will check it out. I dont think macca's advice is going to suceed,but cheers anyway. Im going to have a look now and make sure im not overlooking something.

dont discount maccas advice. its always a good place to start. i made the mistake of not checking on a 9 year old boiler, ordered and fitted a new pcb and it still didnt work. checked the polarity and it was indeed reversed....christ only knows why it worked for 9 years.

i do it everytime now. :D

dont discount maccas advice. its always a good place to start. i made the mistake of not checking on a 9 year old boiler, ordered and fitted a new pcb and it still didnt work. checked the polarity and it was indeed reversed....christ only knows why it worked for 9 years.

I had the same problem on a job I went to and after some talking it came out they had an electrician in who had buggered it up @ the consumer box :rolleyes:

I had the same problem on a job I went to and after some talking it came out they had an electrician in who had b*****r it up @ the consumer box :rolleyes:

i thought that too but the customer said no one had worked on the electrics in years.

i even quizzed all my guys to see if they had changed it. i put it down to one of central heatings mysteries of the unexplained. ;)

I had the same problem on a job I went to and after some talking it came out they had an electrician in who had b*****r it up @ the consumer box :rolleyes:

i thought that too but the customer said no one had worked on the electrics in years.

i even quizzed all my guys to see if they had changed it. i put it down to one of central heatings mysteries of the unexplained. ;)
Ahhh the twiglet zone :LOL:

I think the 1st suggestions probably the answer but def worth checking polarity ;)

Macca i apologise,i checked it just for curiosity and couldnt believe it when the neutral lit up and the live wasnt.I had work done only on the lights and that was 6 weeks ago,ive swapped them over and its working,shall i get a spark in or get him back and find out if he has done something and caused this,thanks macca and to you lads who took the time to reply,cheers

No worries,i was like that when i got given that advice. I had just fitted a new boiler around 7 years ago and i had another 24i in the van so i sswapped them and found the same proplem,i rang the supplier and he asked a fitter who was in there and he told me to check the supply from the switch spare. I scoffed but had to apologise when i seen him. I went to a job on easter sunday and found this fault,but he told me no work on any electrics since boiler was fitted 6 years ago,madness

They need to come back out as they won't have reversed the wires on your boiler but somewhere else in the electrics which needs rectifying...happens alot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back