25mm quadrant bead?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got a gap between laminate flooring and upvc patio doors, about 25mm. I’ve searched but unable to find plastic quadrant beads more than about 18mm. Guess I could use a wooden one, in which case any ideas how best to fix it to the upvc? Silicone? Small nails? Gripfill?
Anyone know of where I could get a plastic jobby or tips on fixing a wood one? Cheers

Sponsored Links
22mm Scotia for laminate flooring exists, seen them at Travis Perkins.

please be aware 1" wood beading will be ex worked size so perhaps 18-22 finished size
so you need to "ask actual finished size" to get coverage ??

Sponsored Links
I would be thinking about something like this:

IMG_20180720_092647876.jpg

You could screw through the bottom of the fillet into the quadrant with small self tappers or woodscrews.
Regarding fixing to the doors I would ask on the windows section, it's something they do all day long (and they may know even better tricks).

Buy the stuff from Eurocell - wear your old clothes and you'll get trade price!

Just go for a white plastic flat bead/trim if the windows are white. Fill in the gap with a redundant piece of laminate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back