2nd coat of reskim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i recently clean of the artex which was on bathroom ceiling , i sealed ceiling with PVA and give a coat of multi finish , dried not to bad , today i give it another coat PVA and reskim ceiling again , problem i had how fast
multi finish was drying , will there be any reasons why
any help would be appreaited

Sponsored Links
what you should have done was apply a second coat directly to the first as soon as it started to 'firm-up', i.e. within minutes of applying the first.

this way the suction is only moderate and easy to control

not left 24 hrs between coats. :eek:

this way you end up with full suction. :(

You should have let your PVA dry to make it water resistant (so it didn't soak up the water in the plaster like sponge).

You should have let your PVA dry to make it water resistant (so it didn't soak up the water in the plaster like sponge).

cheers joe for your advices, looks like im giving it a another reskim

Sponsored Links

after re skimimg ceiling and allowing it to dry, still not good enough finish for painting, i now intend to give it another coat of multi finish, as my problem with applying 2nd coat was, it was drying out to fast , how many coats of PVA can i apply to stop multi finish drying out to quickly

any help would be appreiated

after re skimimg ceiling and allowing it to dry, still not good enough finish for painting, i now intend to give it another coat of multi finish, as my problem with applying 2nd coat was, it was drying out to fast , how many coats of PVA can i apply to stop multi finish drying out to quickly

Coat with PVA solution, leave at least 24 hrs. Coat with PVA solution again, and apply first coat of finish while PVa still tacky. When the first coat of finish firms up a little, give it a quick flatten and then apply second coat of finish. Make sure no heating on in room and no draughts from windows etc

hello there

just give ceiling another coat of pva, drying with a shiny look will give another coat tomorrow night ready to reskim ceiling again, looking for a more professional finish

Coat with PVA solution, leave at least 24 hrs. Coat with PVA solution again, and apply first coat of finish while PVa still tacky. When the first coat of finish firms up a little, give it a quick flatten and then apply second coat of finish. Make sure no heating on in room and no draughts from windows etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back