2nd consumer unit

I have a good knowledge of electrics, I even put a new ring main in a while back.
Well, if the first part of that is true, then given the second part you must be able to tell us what testing you did before and after energising the circuit, with what, and what the results were.

If you can't, then the first claim is false, and that's all there is to it.

Sponsored Links
I have a good knowledge of electrics, I even put a new ring main in a while back.
Well, if the first part of that is true, then given the second part you must be able to tell us what testing you did before and after energising the circuit, with what, and what the results were.

If you can't, then the first claim is false, and that's all there is to it.

I thought this was forum of knowledge and not antagonistic behaviour. But if you must know my testing before was: is there a plug socket? - no and my testing after was, is there a plug socket now? - yes. seriously what do you take me for?

Wow. That's mature. There's a reason for testing. How do you know you have a decent earth connection all the way throughout the ring final (not main).

Well, it's not me you're putting in danger

Please don't poke the tiger !
I am not antagonistic as you put it but……….. the smart arse answer paints a picture of someone who installs lost of new sockets which are untested, and until you can answer the question as to what tests you did and the results. You will be ignored by me and a few professional electricians who give their advice free on the forum.

Be safe, wear marigolds and wellingtons until you learn respect for electricity :eek:

DS

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
my point is, it was a off comment that got trolled on. I dont have to prove anything here, and anything I put im sure someone would find fault or accuse me of googling it. I was seeking advise on a area I have not worked in before and some people have posted some positive insightful information, thanks for that.

For you who can not get over the joke, I doubt there is much else I can say...

I dont have to prove anything here
On the contrary - if you show up here making claims like

"I have a good knowledge of electrics, I even put a new ring main in a while back."

then you absolutely do have to prove that you have a good knowledge of electrics, particularly with respect to all of the testing associated with installing a new ring final circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back