2way dimmer switches.. i know another one !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have read just about every post to do with 2way dimmer. My question though, is
can i put a dimmer switch at either end ? i.e at the top and bottom of the stairs or do i have to leave one light switch remaining ?
If i can put both dimmers on, can i use 1gang, 2way dimmers ( depending on the wiring).
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Thanks
Kris

Sponsored Links
No you can't just stick a dimmer at each end (google "phase control dimming" and then try to imagine the mess of the AC line if you tried to stick two in series)

What you can get though is master and slave dimmers, only the master unit is actually a dimmer, trhe salve unit that you put the other unit is a unit which looks like a dimmer, but it just controls the master unit. TLC direct sell such products

Hi ,
Thanks very much for the information. I'll have a look at the website for the 'masters and slaves' dimmers.
Thanks again
Kris

Sponsored Links
kirstiekk said:
I have read just about every post to do with 2way dimmer.
Strange that you managed to miss all the ones that said you can't have 2 dimmers... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back