3 Lives going into a MCB???

i really think the governmnet need to re-define who they deem competant!!!!
Nothing to do with the government!
What would they know ab out competence?

Lol good point Stillp. I've always disagreed that DIYers can't do there own electrics. I think everyone should be tested, that wants to be, and go from there. I've been an Aircraft Electrical Engineer for 18 years but that doesn't allow me to do anything in the home although I know how to. Although it's good when family and friends have faults, I get to do what I love and they save as I obviously don't charge!

Sponsored Links
Depends what it is.

Competence at fraudulent expense claims, competence at institutional hypocrisy, competence at arrogance, competence at lies and deceit - all these and more are areas in which they are past masters.

Depends what it is.

Competence at fraudulent expense claims, competence at institutional hypocrisy, competence at arrogance, competence at lies and deceit - all these and more are areas in which they are past masters.
But if they were competent (in the sense of cleverness) at those things, you wouldn't know about their misdemeanours!

I had the rec2 wired in because I actually put it on te wall where I wanted it as a was away when he came. Wouldn't have took much to trim those tails back instead of it looking like a siluet of John Waynes legs!

is that an exposed live part where there should be a red dot on the first fuse cartridge?

Sponsored Links
Hi Steve,

I'm not sure where you mean but there are definitely no live parts exposed. If there was I would sort that out myself straight away.

The front of fuse carriage no6, where the red covers missing and the fixing screws exposed, these can sometimes be connected direct to the fuse holder pins

He means the Wylex fuse carrier in the first position (the bottom of your skewed picture)

In these the dots sometimes fall out revealing a live piece of metal.
In the pic, it looks like the top red dot is missing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back