3 new radiators installation quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello plumbers

Can someone let me know if a quote i have received is reasonable, i am located in the West of Scotland.

I am wanting to replace 3 radiators in my house, 2 large old single ones and a small double from 80/s early 90s. Having them replaced with Kudox 22 doubles.

New radiators will be: 2 of 600 x 900 and a small 600x400

I have been quoted just under £500 for installation is this reasonable? They will remove the radiators, allow me to paint in behind and come back and fit them.

Sponsored Links
Does that include the radiators? If it does then they're working for absolute peanuts

Sponsored Links
This is still a DIY site isn't it or have I stumbled upon compare the market or money saving expert dot com?

Jon

If they are supplying the rads and anything else required then that is a decent enough price

Well, if I were to come to the West of Scotland to do it, it would cost you slightly more than a monkey!

Costed a 1400 1600 and 900 double, fitted £585.00 the other day. Tend to buy rads 7 at a time, if possible......

Costed a 1400 1600 and 900 double, fitted £585.00 the other day. Tend to buy rads 7 at a time, if possible......

I used to by heating packs when i did boiler swaps. Charged the customer for the boiler/flue etc and got 7 rads, 90m Cu, rad valves, chemicals, fittings etc for about £200. Had to stop it though as it quickly mounts up!!

Jon

Ye, that's the only problem. But had two jobs here it worked this time, even if I just had to get the three mentioned, it works out that I make want I want for a days labour (y)

"West of Scotland" can mean a reasonable accessible place like Oban or the Island of Egg needing a ferry!

Or Lochinver with very basic facilities. Restaurants where average meal is £65 too.

Nice bottle of wine Tony?

If I were to head to an Isle off the coast up there it'd be the one that produces Jura. Apparently only 200 people live there and they make an amazing whiskey.

Scots discuss!

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back