3 Phase HRC Fuse Board

Pyro is the cable of choice for churches.

Old building, lots and lots of wood, vermin. Not a good mix.

Also, IMO, anything else looks cack.

I would also recommend using an installation method which does not require RCD protection, and use RCD sockets. (I have this in my garage :D )

Sponsored Links
Hmmm - under the supervision of god almighty, could work in court :LOL:

Man_who_sued_God.jpg

:LOL:

The fuse looks like it could be from an old MEM style board- we have some at work that are very similar.

The GEC / 'red spot' boards (if i remember right) have fuses which look slightly different-the ones ive seen do anyway.

Both these boards do have maximum ratings for the fuses so just check on that.

Anyway, i too would go with the SRCD socket outlets rather than mess about with a seperate enclosure and RCD/RCCB. Just my opinion though.

Someone mentioned metalclad sockets-seems like a good idea imo. Cant help on what cable would be best though as im not really familiar with church installations tbh. Would imagine conduit or swa would be another option though, you need something a bit more than just T&E though i reckon.

The fuse looks like it could be from an old MEM style board- we have some at work that are very similar.

The GEC / 'red spot' boards (if i remember right) have fuses which look slightly different-the ones ive seen do anyway.

Have seen redspots fitted with the larger bodied TIA fuses and the ones which are similar in fuse body size to the NIT type fuses but with longer tabs which look similar to the pic the OP posted. The one in the pic looks similar to the narrow boddied TIA fuse to me, don't know if there is enough room in the holder for a larger bodied fuse to go in??
Maybe worth running it by TLC as they sell TIA fuses as equivalents to MEM SB3 fuses.

Sponsored Links
spark123 wrote:

Have seen redspots fitted with the larger bodied TIA fuses and the ones which are similar in fuse body size to the NIT type fuses but with longer tabs which look similar to the pic the OP posted.

Yeah, me too....got a couple of old boards at work, some MEM 30A boards which is what i believe the fuse holders in the photo's are from. We also have some Red spot 30A boards which have similar looking holders.

The one in the pic looks similar to the narrow boddied TIA fuse to me, don't know if there is enough room in the holder for a larger bodied fuse to go in??

i believe there is but couldnt say 100% for sure..........which is silly really seen as ive probably held hundreds of these fuses/holders in my hand. Ive always fitted the 'narrow' bodied type in these boards.....im a Bussman man myself though so more familiar with thier codes.

Think the one in the photo would be a Bussman AAO. The (Lawson, i believe?) TIA is equivelent to Bussman BAO off the top of my head.

I come across mainly Ottermill and Red Spot, can't remember seeing an MEM one. We tend to use the other code i.e. TIA or TIS for that type of fuse, 20A will be TIA.

RF lighting wrote:

Why don't you two get a room

:LOL: .......... im the only sparks where i work.....its not often i get the chance to get all excited discussing fuse sizes and codes! Just let me enjoy the moment for a while will ya RF :D :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back