3 port valve. Man or Auto

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heating engineer has just been to replace our 3 port valve. He didn't drain the system to replace but did go up in the loft. Very little water loss on the airing cupboard carpet so not sure how me managed that. Anyway, the new 3PV is a Honeywell with a metal casing. He has left the lever set to MAN. Is this correct, I would have thought it should be Auto?

Sponsored Links
should be 'auto', just unhook lever

HI

He used easy drain kit .basically he blocked F&E pipes which created
sort of air lock in the system which allows for a quick ,easyjob without havin to drain the entire system .good thinking because sometimes draining the entire system can create problems on refilling.

I have been checking and the lever does not move when the thermostat is turned up/down. The previous one was sticking and first thing in a morning it could take 20 mins or so for the lever to drop and ignite the boiler. Do new 3 port valves levers not move anymore, is at done inside the unit?

Sponsored Links
It moves inside and does not show on certain valves if it is doing what it should then don`t worry

It moves inside and does not show on certain valves if it is doing what it should then don`t worry

Thanks, it seems to work ok. He also did use a bung to block the F&E pipes as he left them in my loft!!! :eek:

Thanks, it seems to work ok. He also did use a bung to block the F&E pipes as he left them in my loft!!! :eek:

Not nice losing tools,, give him a ring and tell him ;)

If I had received a good service from EON, I would have done. The 2 hour guaranteed timeslot was not adhered to. Took over 2 weeks to get the replacement part he fitted. He originally brought into the house a length of hose to drain and splashed our newly decorated hallway with black water. Not happy. As well as the bung kit he left in the loft he also left an empty bottle of sentinel, a 4 foot length of copper pipe and some tape. As well as pulling out my aerial feed for the living room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back