HONEYWELL 3 PORT VALVE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any chance somebody could tell me what position the Honeywell 3 port valve should be in when heating is turned on. I have one side saying MAN OPEN and the othere side saying AUTO. It is a gravity fed heating system.

Sponsored Links
if you push the lever across to man from auto it will be loose have no resistance on it.

If i push it over to manual, which is very easy. How will this effect the way my heating works. Will the hot water come on still? Will the heating come on still?

the lever is only a means of open both ports when filling/emptying the system.
not an indicator of the position of the valve.

what are you getting at ? are you getting both heating/hw ?

Sponsored Links
The lver does not usually move when the valve is activated, unless it's fitted sideways, with auto above man, but it is fine to fit it this way.

I just put in on MAN OPEN before switching heating on and the lever jumps to halfway. When i put Hot water on you can't move lever at all.

Which model Honeywell 3-port valve do you have - V4073 or V4044?

There are Port markings (A, B, AB) on the brass valve body. Which port connects to the hot water cylinder - A or B?

Just don't understand why both come on when only one is selected. I will get back to you, someone in the bath at the moment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back