Testing a 3 port valve.

Yes both was on at the controller, I then turned stat up and down you could hear the click of the stat but nothing from 3 port valve?

Sponsored Links
So for now do what I said please , lock your valve over , turn on your heating on makes no odds if your water is turned on or not, turn your boiler temp down to 60 degrees and report back

You will either need a new programmer or cylinder stat , this was obviously about an hour ago to us , call a local heating guy or link your programmer , turn off your heating fused spur , remove what will like be 2 screws underneath the programmer, remove from the back plate and link terminals L (live) to HW on .

This will check is the progaammer is faulty if you still have an issue then your stat is at fault , we would check with a multi meter but I do appreciate you will not likely own one.

Sponsored Links
Hi many thanks a stat seems the cheaper option to try?
Locking the valve over is a temporary solution to give you some hot water , the controls need to be electrically fault finded and replaced accordingly by a tecnitian not a bathroom fitter

Have you locked the valve over yet and done what I have adviced ?

Last edited:
Thanks yes I have a multi meter, I will check tomorrow and report back many thanks for all your help

Hi everybody sorry I had to go away with work.I have multi meter in hand, so to check the cylinder stat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back